Helping People Love Their Smiles
Studies show that a person’s smile is the first thing noticed by others. Helping people love their smiles can boost their confidence and changes their lives, forever. As an orthodontist, I am humbled by the trust my patients place in me and take the responsibility of creating their best smiles seriously.
I love developing individual relationships with my patients, and hearing updates, from one visit to the next, about what is new and exciting in their lives. It’s a joy to watch my patients fill with confidence as they see the improvement in their smiles.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Dalhousie University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Dalhousie University
- Master of Science and Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics, University of Manitoba
I’m passionate about continually learning. There is often more than one approach that can be used to successfully treat a patient. By remaining current on updated technology and treatments, I’m able to find the best care approach for each patient’s specific needs. I also take many continuing education regionally, nationally, and virtually.
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Canadian Dental Assocation
- Newfoundland and Labrador Dental Association
- Newfoundland and Labrador Society of Orthodontists
- Atlantic Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
I was born and raised in Prince Edward Island. Following time spent in Halifax, Winnipeg, and Toronto while pursuing our educational goals, our family moved to beautiful St. John’s in 2002.
My husband and I have two teenage sons. We enjoy skiing, snowshoeing, and hiking with our dog Stella.